Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Skate and succeed

This was the second Action Project for my Endurance course. The purpose of this project was to dedicate at least 12 hours to something new, a fear or just something you want to try and for every hour you must document what you did and how it helps you move towards your ultimate goal. I learned a lot about myself in this project. Before this project I thought that I was brave and wasn't scared of anything, especially when it came to skating, but this project proved me wrong. I am very proud of my video and I hope that i can take what I learned from this project and use it to continue to improve at skateboarding.





During the process of this 12 hour challenge it was very difficult for me to face some of my biggest fears within a sport I thought I was very comfortable with. When I first started the challenge I thought that I would not improve very much because I learn slow when it comes to skateboarding. During the first few hours I was surprised to see that I had already learned a decent amount of new things. Towards the end of this mission I had learned 6 new trick, 4 new grinds, how to skate a rail and also how to skate a ramp. Now that the 12 hours is done I am going to keep pursuing my mission of getting better at skateboarding and maybe one day I will even be a professional, but for now I'm going to take it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment