Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

25 amazing hours

For my 25 service hours I participated in a construction project. For previous hours I worked with my dad taking apart the front of a house and reconstructing it. For these 25 hours I continued to work at the same place but this time we moved to the roof, We had to redo the chimney because it was in very bad shape. We also had to move a deck and lay down new roofing and new brick on the edges. Lastly we had to reconstruct the deck and put it back in place. The last time I worked at this construction site it was only me and my dad but this time we had one of my dads friends. The entire project from start to finish was about 27 hours but I only needed 25 service hours. After the whole project I walked away with a little more knowledge about construction such as roofing. Another thing I learned was that construction is very dangerous because during the job my dads friend burned his hand. He burnt his hand with the roofing material because in order for the roofing to stick to the roof you have to torch it until it melts to the ground. I also learned that you always have to be ready for the unexpected because after the burn happened he quickly ran over to a bucket of water that they had set aside for that exact reason. In the end, it was a very fun experience and I would really like to do it again in the future.


BKJ, Roof work, (2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment