Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Action Project or Test?

This is the first Action Project for my Entrepreneurship course. The purpose of this action project was to get us better at taking tests. GCE's main idea is breaking away from tests because Action Projects stick with us longer and it is just better than a test and that is why we do Action Projects. Now that I have been here for almost 4 years I have gotten worse at taking tests and studying and taking notes so that is why we had this Action Project. In preparation to this Action Project, we had to take very detailed notes about all the components that go into owning a business. We also had to study for the test and then eventually take the actual test. I learned a lot about what components go into starting and owning a business and I find all that information very valuable because I want to start my own business in the future. I am proud of the way I handled the test. When prepping for the test, I thought that it was going to be very hard but the test was not that hard because of the preparation we had done as a class before.

AMD, Test Taking (2016)


In this unit, we focused on 10 main elements of starting or owning a business. The concepts that we focused on were Entrepreneur, Manage, Marketing, Sales, Mission, Vision, Legal structure, Investing, Accounting, and Exit plan. The reason we talked about these topics is because these are the main topics that you want to focus on if you are looking to start and run an efficient business. I feel like this unit prepped me for the second Action Project. For the upcoming Action Project we are going to be making a business plan. I feel that I now fully understand these concepts and will be able to use them to create a solid business plan. I referenced about 2 or 3 businesses in this unit such as Campus, Modest, and American express but, one that really stuck out to me was Modest which is a graffiti/skate shop just outside of Chicago. The reason this business stuck out to me is because I feel that they are a great company and I am guessing they are very profitable because whenever I go there almost all of the spray paint is gone. Another reason they stood out to me is because I also want to start a graffiti/skate shop so, they are very inspirational to me. One person that really inspires me is Eric the founder of GCE. The reason he is so inspirational to me is because I feel like he and I are alike in some ways. When he came into class one day I remember him saying that he never did good in school as a kid and I see myself being the same way. He turned out to be a successful businessman and that made me still have hope for myself. After getting my results back I was very surprised because I got a pretty high score. I wrote a page for each question and I felt that my endings for each questions were pretty weak and some of my wording was bad but I feel that I did very well even though I was still confused about some of the ten topics. My strategy for competing the test to the best of my ability was avoiding the questions that talked about the topics that I did not feel I fully understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment