Pages

Friday, February 26, 2016

50 Amazing Hours

For my service hours I chose to do some construction work. Basically what I did was help build 2 brick sections in front of a building. The sections were approximately 1-2 feet wide and 13-14 feet tall. Here is the process of laying brick; take old brick to the scrapyard,, carry new bricks from my car to the space we were working at, clean the brick, and sweep the street: I didn't do the job completely alone because my dad was there and he mentored me along the way because he is a very skilled brick layer. My service hour sponsor was Connor Creevy an he was the one that supervised the job and eventually signed off on my hours. I wanted to do this for my service specifically because I like to work with my hands and I've always wanted to try construction. This is definitely something I can see myself doing in the future.

BKJ, Service Project, (2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment