Pages

Friday, December 18, 2015

Check Mate!!!

This is the second project for my mat course called Rapid prototyping. The purpose of this project was to design a chess piece and make that chess piece using clay then out of cardboard using 123Dmake and 3-D print it. Everyone was given a partner and and chess piece that they had to work on. We then did a test run as a class and decided that we should make the theme of the entire piece based on the top piece, Ex. if I had the pawn i would make the entire piece using circles. Our group was given the bishop and I feel that we did a pretty good job on it. I learned a lot about how a 3-D printer and how the whole process can be a bit tedious and difficult. I am very proud of the piece my partner and I made because it is very simple but still cool. Learn more about my project in the slideshow below. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment