Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Expulsion Of Jewish And Islamic Religions

This unit was about dogmas, which is an absolute truth that you will defend no matter what. An example is in order to be considered a Christian you have to believe that Jesus was the son of god. Some people believe that Jesus is the son of god and nobody can  sway them to compromise their beliefs. In this unit we closely studied the Qur'an and the Bible and why they were considered dangerous and controversial. As we went through the passages we learned that the Bible and Qur'an have started many conflicts because of the content and how people interpreted the text.

I chose to research the Spanish Inquisition because I do not know anything about it and it is always good to know something new. While I was researching the Spanish Inquisition I learned that it was started back in 1478. Another thing I learned is that back in 1478 there was a large amount of Jewish and Muslims in Spain and when the Spanish Inquisition started the Spanish Catholics wanted to exile or kill all non-Catholics.

 In this unit I learned about different religions and also I broke down all stereotypical barriers that I had. In this unit we visited a Mosque and learned more about the Islamic religion and what their religion means to them. We also visited a church and learned about Christianity and their practices. Another thing I learned while at the church is why they put stained glass windows. Their reason for putting stained glass windows is back in the day most people could not read, so they put stain glass windows to tell a story using pictures. In some other churches they do not put stained glass windows because they believe that it takes away from the actual purpose of the praying.


No comments:

Post a Comment